FAQ & Shipping/Delivery Policy
Do I have to buy a casket from the funeral home?
Traditionally, caskets have been sold only by the funeral homes. But with increasing frequency, showrooms and websites operated by “third party” dealers are selling caskets. You can buy a casket and have it shipped directly to the funeral home. The Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule requires funeral homes to use a casket you bought elsewhere and doesn’t allow them to charge you a fee for using it.
Is there a delivery or shipping charge?
Delivery is included within 60 miles of Hammond, IN. Anything beyond that radius will be assessed an additional $2.50 per mile (after 60 miles) based on using MapQuest calculations. We possibly may charge extra for delivering a casket weekends (Sat. or Sun.) or holidays if the situation necessitates it.
Why does my casket look different than the photo?
Casket manufacturers sometimes slightly change hardware or head panels without notification. You’re still getting the same quality casket at the same affordable price.
What is an “Outer Burial Container”?
Outer burial containers, also known as burial vaults or grave liners, are placed in the ground before burial. The casket is lowered into it at the burial. The purpose is to prevent the ground from caving in as the casket deteriorates over time. A grave liner is made of reinforced concrete and will satisfy any cemetery requirement. Grave liners only cover the top and sides of the casket. Some Cemeteries require families purchase the grave liner directly from them. A burial vault is more substantial and expensive than a grave liner. It surrounds the casket in concrete or another material and may be sold with a warranty of protective strength. In Illinois, there is no law stating that you must have an outer burial container, but most cemeteries require some type of outer burial to prevent the grave from sinking in the future. Please give us a call and we will help find a Company that won’t take advantage of you.
I am planning ahead. What arrangements are available to me?
We can preregister you, whereas the price is locked in for 1 year, and then for 1 year after that upon your calling us to renew your preregistration. There is no charge for this convenience. You can also prefund your selections through our Preneed Counselor. Call us for further details as certain restrictions do apply.
IMPRESSIVE CASKET TERMS & CONDITIONS REGARDING SHIPPING & CANCELLATION
- All casket prices include standard shipping within 60 miles from Hammond, IN.
- Orders for same-day local delivery must be completed by 9:00 a.m. Monday-Friday.
- Next day delivery must be ordered by 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday to insure prompt standard delivery. Orders received on Friday after 9 a.m. will be delivered Monday. If you require Saturday/Sunday/Holiday delivery, an additional fee may apply.
- If any casket/vault order or service is canceled, you will be subject to a 25 percent restocking fee plus any actual delivery and return charges where applicable. All customized items are NON-REFUNDABLE .
- Merchandise that requires customization cannot be rushed (Head Panel’s etc.) and requires 24-48 hour production time Monday-Friday excluding holidays. FED EX and UPS ship the Head Panels, so we may experience a delay due to weather.
- Impressive Casket will not accept for return any product that appears to be used, soiled or in other than original shipping condition.
- Special specific delivery requests – $25 (time scheduled delivery requests, etc.)
- Second Delivery Personnel- $30/hr. (when applicable- Solid Wood,16-Gauge, Stainless Steel, Copper, Bronze models)
- Long-Distance Deliveries- (over 60 miles from Hammond, IN) is additional $2.50/one-way mile.
- Same Day Rush (after 10 a.m. but before 3 pm) $100.00
- Sunday or Holiday – $100.00
- Caskets Shipped – $200.00 Air Tray to protect casket for shipping and $100 applicable packaging costs. Please add $30.00/ for 2nd delivery personnel.
Impressive Casket accepts the following major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We also accept Cash, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks and Personal Checks in U.S. dollars only. Orders are processed upon receipt of payment. A charge of $35.00 is applied for all returned checks. You will also be responsible for all attorney/court costs/collection agencies if payment is not cleared within 5 days of notification and/or NSF notification.